26 April 2007

Much ado about nothing


Well folks, it just so happens that as soon as I write about the nice weather, we were having here, it turns to crap. It's still pretty warm but there is also rain that we have to contend with as well. I've been looking at interior design websites and magazines trying to get ideas on how to redo our now empty living room. I think I want to paint it a bright and warm yellow and probaly put some circles up on the wall. If you have any ideas let me know.

Well today I was browsing the Toronto Star and came across an article regarding Richard Gere. Mr. Gere kissed one of India's top stars, Shilpa Shetty, during an AIDS awareness event. Because of this, a court in India has issued arrest warrants for both of them. The warrant states that Gere and Shetty's public display of affection offended local sensibilities.

Now, if Gere had kissed her on the lips I could understand, a little bit, all of the drama. Instead he kissed her on the cheek several times. This was such a serious incident that there were crowds (if i remember correctly they numbered in the double digits) protesting and even burning Gere effigies.

Now to me this is simply "a whole lot of nothing". Who ever filed the suit is probably just an attention seeker, as the article states, looking to get there 10 minutes of fame. I'm glad that I live in a progressive country where we don't have to worry about stupid stuff like this. Yeah we've done some stupid stuff before but this right here takes the cake. I just don't know how people like this can function and actually make it in the day or even life.

This should be a good example of what a few group of idiots can accomplish. Hope everyone can learn from it.

No comments: