18 June 2006

Happy Father's Day

Well today is that great day called Father's Day. I never had a good rapport with my father before I joined the military. I'm not sure why. I think sometimes I blame him and my mom for their divorce, though it was probably something that was neccessary for them. I haven't really spoken with my dad in a long time and haven't seen him in person even longer. The last time I saw my day, I was at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii about to go out on the town with Jaewest. The CQ (sort of like RA's in a dorm) called me and told me he was there. It was kind of an embarrasing moment. I didn't know what to say and neither did he. He had brought his girlfriend out there and he couldn't seem to find her. After that I didn't hear or speak to him.

Well the Public Affairs Office was going around soliciting for soldiers who wanted to submit a Father's Day greeting back to the US. I decided this is a step to repairing our relationship. So I decided to send one out. I never got to see the final cut of the greeting and I hope it turned out well. I hope my dad actually got to see it. And......deep down I just want to wish you a Happy Father's Day dad and I apologize for my selfishness. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Well I have to go. I hope you guys are doing well on this day and remember go out and spend that time with your father or father figure. I don't care if your parents are homosexuals, your the child of a single parent, or whatever. Celebrate them. You'll never know when you'll get to do it again.

No comments: