06 January 2006

So close yet so far away!

I'm just a few hours away from boarding that big iron bird, back to Atlanta. I'm very anxious now. I had to drop off my bags early so they could load them on the plane early. Now I'm just sitting and waiting to get my ride up to the airbase to get on "da plane, boss, da plane". It's weird. About 9 months ago, on my birthday to make it worse, I was sent over here. I didn't know what to expect, what I would see, and what I would do. And now the end results are awesome. I received an Army Commendation Medal. I went to the promotion board and smoked it, scoring a 148 out of 150. I have the opportunity to expand on my military career or go the civilian route and follow my educational dreams. Well I'm going to the Oasis to tell the DJ to kiss my ass and get some skills and drink my last 3 token beers. 24 pack of beer, eleven50, and Atlanta here I come.

No comments: