04 January 2006

Transitions

Holy cow, my departure date is coming up real quick. I've been looking forward to this day for the longest time and it seems kind of weird that it's so close. So as I get pushed to the way side by the incoming personnel and gear up for my inevitable return back to the States, I've began to reflect upon my time here in the Middle East.

Having never been to the Middle East before, many of the customs, traditions, and practices were new to me. I'm glad I came though because it's opened up my world perspective just a little bit more. I've picked up my Gulf Arabic, Hindi, and basic Arabic language skills. I have a greater affection for some parts of the cuisine in this region. I look forward to trying to get hummus and kufta back in the States. I also appreciate the superior customer service that was provided out here compared to the States. I would suggest that American customer service driven businesses come out here and learn a thing or two. Especially restaurants. I also got the chance to see how idiotic, brave, and different people from all over can be as well. From up north all the way down here to Qatar, everyone's taught me a thing or two about life.

Well when I get back I'm probably going to take some time off, go back home to Toronto, play with my pets, and just unwind. Till then TTFN.

No comments: