28 May 2006

An Arifjan Memorial Day Weekend

How's it going once again everyone? Memorial Day Weekend has come to our camp and with it has come a cornucopia of events. We have Operation Hardwood, a basketball tournament coached by NCAA Division 1 coaches, which just got done today. I never was able to go the first one but this one was very cool. I got to meet all of the coaches and even Leann Tweeden. I was able to talk with Coach Kelvin Sampson, he used to be the former coach at Washington State University, and we talked about where I grew up back in Washington. I met Dave Odom, coach for University of South Carolina, and we talked about the Strom Thurmond Gym on the campus and how I use to play with some of the guys off the team.

Saturday night saw me DJing to a packed house. And yes ladies and gentlemen I had that place rocking. Thanks DJ Hypnotic for letting me play. There were a couple of bad spots in the night. The first being a little scuffle that broke out. With Operation Hardwood going on, there was a lot of unused testosterone left over and I think I just played a tad bit too much crunk music. The other bad spot was when I played Lil Wayne's "Fireman" the first word to come out was "f*ck" and than shortly after that was butt crack. These obviously violated the policy that I had signed with the MWR. So I changed it up real quick. But it ended up well.

Well I have to go now. Look for the pictures from my trip to Kuwait City and the ones that I took of Operation Hardwood to be up on here soon. TTFN

No comments: