14 May 2006

Greetings from Kuwait

Well I've been in Kuwait for quite a while now and I have to say it's changed. For better or for worse, I can't say at this time, but once I find out I'll let you know. It's been pretty hot around here, around 105 to 111 degrees, yet it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. I wonder if this is a bad thing or not?

I'm now DJing once again at the Oasis. Now I host the Old School Night. I figured with old school night it would be easy to appease people's musical hunger, boy was I wrong. Even when I played good joints these guys wanted to hear some stuff that they thought everyone would like. Than playing hip hop night, every now and then, I've come to realize how indoctrinated people are to radio hits. You try to play something new and they act stupid, but play something off the radio and they get out on the dancefloor. Oh well.

Well I've been working on my round the world travel plan and hopefully by August I'll be able to do it. Yes I said August. I've tried to get an extension for the military and was told that it's not possible. So I expect to be back in Atlanta soon to start packing my stuff and getting ready to move back to Toronto. My destinations are kind of ambitious. I plan to hit up Europe, SE Asia, maybe SW Asia (some parts), and from there I'll just go where ever the wind blows me to. Well got to go and tan at the pool (yeah a black guy tanning LOL). Will see you guys later.

No comments: