10 February 2006

Valentine's Day

Well Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I think I'm actually repulsed by the idea or fact that it is near. I was never a big fan of the holiday because for me it seemed to result in embarrasing gift giving moments, neurotic girlfriends, and just a sense of emptiness when it was all over with. It really sucks when you are just going out with someone and they think they are entitled to a gift over $20.00. All I can do is look and laugh when all I got them was a simple box of chocolates and a card.

I think the best Valentine Day gift I ever gave was in high school. I had been going out with a girl for probably about 2 weeks before it and she got all hyped because she had heard that I was asking my folks to borrow $1,000.00. Well I needed this money to get a car that I had been wanting to get for the longest time. Well needless to say, the word got back to my girlfiend and she thought I was buying something major. The look on her face when I gave her a card on Valentine's Day was priceless. All of a sudden she started bawling and swearing at me and I then realized it was time to dump the "gold digger".

I think I'm slowly getting addicted to working out, which is kind of sad in it's own way, I can't seem to go a day without thinking about what I'm going to do once I get to the gym. I had missed going on Wednesday and I ended up going last night and working overtime. The only thing I hate about my gym is that I think the gay guys try to cruise me and chicks sit and gawk at my calves. I'm sorry folks but I'm one of the few who is actually there to get a workout. I can actually see the results of working out and I think, in some narcisstic fashion, this is what keeps me going thus causing my addiction. LOL. Well this weekend will be very hectic but I will see you guys back on Monday. Have a good one and TTFN.

No comments: