26 October 2005

Nope I don't need the tongue, I think I'll have the brain.

Well how's it going once again folks. Went to a birthday party for one of the Qatari locals and all I can say is that they throw one hell of a party. The place where the party was held was a private home yet the interior looked like something you would see at the White House or something. The meal was exquisite as well. We had goat, Lebanese salad, hummus, veggie mini pizza's, and rice and several other tasty dishes. It was all good till there was a disagreement who about who would eat the goat's brain and it's tongue.

Now not having been exposed to "treats" like this, my first impulse was to introduce everyone to my friend "Ralph". (Or in other words to vomit.) But I took it in stride. I mean cause I'm a foreigner in a new land. So just grin and bear it, and if offered to me politely refuse. Well I didn't have to worry about wording my refusal because all of a sudden two gentlemen were arguing over who should get the tongue. Now this was comical to me on many levels but mostly cause it was two grown men arguing about this piece of tongue. Then another argument started up about how should get the goat's brain. FUN TO BE HAD BY ALL. LOL

On another note, this one from the political realm. It looks like alot of drama is affecting the Republican party. I look forward in the next couple of weeks to see what happens. Oh well. TTFN.

Sorry an additional note as well. Met the lead attorney who works for the Qatari ruler and this guy is pretty amazing. He went to law school at Georgetown during the Watergate scandal. This guy is what I would like to be if I ever went into international law. And the girl who he was with. Man talk about HOT!! LOL. Also feel free to leave comments and criticism I have thick skin (thanks to the Army).

No comments: