25 November 2005

Inspired Thanksgiving

Well ladies and gentlemen, I hope your Thanksgiving was as good as mine. This was my Thanksgiving in the middle of a war and a deployed environment and I have to say it was pretty kick ass. There was much food to be devoured. We had lobster, prime rib, turkey, ham, and all of the side dishes one would expect at a Thanksgiving dinner. The higher ups were the ones who were serving the food and they did an excellent job. Hell some of them even inspired me to become an officer or maybe even reenlist. It was good to see the folks who had their families out here enjoying themselves. It was much unlike the Thanksgiving I had posted of in one of my previous posts. The only thing that sucked about beig out here though was when the football games started. Normally I'm use to being able to eat and watch the game. Not this time. I had to wait several hours to catch the games, but it was worth it.

Currently I'm suppose to be participating in the Commander's Cup (a campwide sports event)in both volleyball and swimming. Now volleyball I have no problem with cause I've played it on and off for many years, since going to U of Hawaii. The swimming though is kicking my ass. The last time I actually swam was back in 2002 and that was cause I was surfing. We are required to swim a 200m leg and it's just overwhelming to me. But I like that it's so challenging because it makes me want to get out there and get it done.

I'm almost done with my application to get my new apartment and I just want to thank the people at Promove. I just want to thank them so much and recommend that they start putting more shops in other regions. This is a pretty good service and save's me alot of headache trying to find an apartment, since I'm deployed, and it's free. FREE!!!!!! Can't beat that. Well that's all for now. I'm hungry as hell and it's time to go chow down. See ya'll later.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Hey, I hope your New Year's was rockin' and that all is well!