21 November 2005

My new additions

Well folks, I've been busy with work again. But I've also been busy with checking out new video games. Recently I've bought the following games:

Battlefield 2 PS2
Socom Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo PSP
Socom Navy Seals 3 PS2
Star Wars Battlefront 2 PSP
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories PSP


All of these games are pretty good and also addictive. My favorite game so far is Fireteam Bravo, only because I can unlock some items on the PS2 Navy Seals game. It's interesting how it works (the crosstalk feature). You basically play a level on the PSP game and then you can just hook up your PSP to the PS2, via a mini B USB cable, and bingo. I have Madden 06 for both PSP and PS2 which basically allows you to work on your franchise season on both systems, making it very handy.

Battlefield 2 is cool because you can basically play a myriad of soldiers and utilize many vehicles. This is possible by a move, which reminds me of the Matrix movies, where you basically point and hit the square button and it changes you to that guy. Now some of the AI could be better, but all in all it's pretty good. Another cool item, I might add, is that near the end of the game you can choose to play as either the NATO or Chinese forces.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is okay, when they start selling the PS2 version out here then, I'll be much more enthusiastic. My only gripe is the controls for the personnel on this game. For the PSP your basically using the triangle, square, x, and circle buttons to move your sights. Now there are other settings but I don't like using anything but default settings to play some of these games.

I haven't really gotten a chance to play GTA much. But I can say this beyond a reasonable doubt, it looks excellent. And it seems to run smooth. Once again Rockstar North, Leeds, and whoever else was involved in this game have earned another multimillion dollar game. Everything is kickass with this game from the music featuring "Spin Spin Sugar Armand Van Helden Remix" by Sneakerpimps and some tracks from the Lox, to the graphics. If I didn't know better I would swear that this is running off the PS2 onto my TV (albeit a miniature TV).

Well that is all for now time to go to the bathroom and play some Fireteam Bravo.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

That's awesome -- thanks for leaving the comment! I'm actually in England for the year myself, so I'll be more than ready to catch up on pop culture when I get back too.

Your DJ/soldier combination is really kick-ass haha ... good luck with everything and enjoy Thanksgiving away from home!