28 November 2005

The Middle Eastern Tiger Woods.....not!!

How's it going everyone? I kept pretty busy the day after Thanksgiving. One of the perks of being over here in the Middle East is that you don't have to worry about those damn Christmas shoppers at the mall. Friday afternoon I went driving through downtown Doha and it was not that bad. There wasn't much traffic on the road so I didn't have to worry about crazy Qatari drivers going all over the place. It was strange to drive through the downtown area though, and not see many of the shops open. I guess they don't open till late in the afternoon.

After wandering aimlessly through the city we linked up with the civilian, who works in our office, and one of his local friends to play some golf. Now I had just planned on driving golf balls over at the driving range but instead I ended up just driving the cart around. It was actually fun to drive the cart around. Watching the others golf I realized that I actually enjoyed golf a little bit. They were hitting the ball real well and even making some nice putts. It made me want to get some golf clubs when I get back to Atlanta, just so I could go play some rounds of golf every now and then. I think the next time we go out to the course, I will attempt to play. Now I won't be awesome at it but I hopefully can hold my own out there. By the way if you ever have the chance to play at the Doha Golf Club I would recommend doing it in the afternoon. By the time dusk hits, one of the holes provides a scenic picture of the city. It's an awe inspiring pic. Too bad I forgot my camera LOL.

No comments: