28 December 2005

Morehouse Blues

Today not having much to do I decided to browse through other Atlanta blogs and see what they were putting out there. I came across The Black Gay Blogger blog and read and listened to about some of the stuff he had to put out about Morehouse University and I was rather dismayed about some of the things happening there.

Karsh, the author of Black Gay Blogger, talks about the air of homophobia and the homosexual culture of Morehouse. Well shortly after posting this information, I guess the "fine" upstanding alumni and whoever else from this institution decided to attack Karsh's articles. Now I checked his comments sections, from previous posts, and saw some of the reponses from those people who felt he was trashing Morehouse and I can only laugh at them. The first thing it seems for them to do is attack his sexuality. Now come on guys, is this suppose to sway someone to seeing your side of the story by resorting to name calling? You guys are suppose to be graduates of a reputable institution, act like it. After seeing some of the things posted and the effort to resort to ebonics, I now understand why some white people believe that blacks are inferior.

Now don't get me wrong my University of Hawaii education wasn't at a top tier school or anything, but at least I know how to write something with some sense of coherence. I remember when I was younger and getting my college choices together my mom recommended that I go to Morehouse, Howard, and Bethune-Cookman. Now I'm glad that I chose a different school, even though I ended up not going and joined the Army instead. Well I have to say I'm glad I didn't attend those "upstanding" institutions. Go Warriors!!!

I'm going to try to contact Karsh and see about obtaining some more info about this school.

P.S. By the way if any of you Morehouse grads want to try and shut me down, beat me up, or even try to harrass me good luck trying!!!

No comments: