22 December 2005

Rememberance

Yesterday evening I bought Rawkus Records' Best of Decade I 1995-2005 compilation CD. Some of the tracks on the CD took me back to my heyday back in Hawaii, where life was simple and not alot was expected out of me, tracks like Mos Def's "Ms. Fat Booty" and all of the tracks by Black Star. Ahh, how I long for those days. I was 18 and living on my own out in paradise. I had a new girl just about every couple of weeks (thank god for tourism LOL), my own car, did not have to worry about paying rent, and I was getting paid to live in Hawaii. I had my buddy Jaewest next door bumping the beats, tagging, and us getting piss drunk together. We had Mario C. down the hall who was like our older brother keeping us out of trouble, but still partying with us when the weekend came.

Last night I had a very intense dream of being back in Atlanta. I dreamt that I went to my favorite pizza shop up on Peachtree and had a meal. It consisted of one of their large combo pizza's and a couple of Stella Artois. The sad part was, that I thought this was so real, that I woke up and tried to see if the stuff was really there. Only a couple of more day, just a couple of more days. I look forward to being able to walk down the street to eleven50 and just getting smashed and go back to my apartment and fall asleep in a sweet and drunken bliss. I can't wait to walk my dog up and down Peachtree, to stretch her little legs, and just be able to breathe in, view, and touch Atlanta. I look forward to seeing the steel gray vat outside of the Gordon Biersch Brewery, the bright lights of the Fox Theatre, and the people of Atlanta. LOL, but just a couple of more days, just a couple of more days, until I'm back in the ATL.

No comments: